LIC’s Aadhaar Shila Plan offers a combination of protection and savings. This plan is exclusively designed for female lives having Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This plan provides financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the policyholder any time before maturity and a lump sum amount at the time of maturity for the surviving policyholder.
Premium Payment Mode
Yly, Hly, Qly, Mly(NACH or SSS only)
Mode and High S.A. Rebates:
- Yearly mode – 2% of Tabular Premium
- Half-yearly mode – 1% of Tabular premium
- Quarterly & Monthly – NIL
High Sum Assured Rebate:
- Basic Sum Assured (B.S.A) Rebate (Rs.)
- 75,000 to 1,90,000 – Nil
- 2,00,000 to 2,90,000 – 1.50 ‰ B.S.A.
Policy Term10 years to 20 Years
Premium Paying Term10 years to 20 Years
Minimum Entry Age 8 years (completed)
Maximum Entry Age55 years (nearest birthday)
Maximum Maturity Age 70 years (nearest birthday)
Minimum Basic Sum Assured 75,000
Optional Rider LIC’s Accident Benefit Rider available
On death during first five years: “Sum Assured on Death” shall be payable.
On death after completion of five policy years but before the date of maturity: “Sum Assured on Death” and Loyalty Addition, if any, shall be payable.
Where “Sum Assured on Death” is defined as the highest of
- 10 times of annualised premium; or
- Sum Assured on Maturity as defined in 1. b) below; or
- Absolute amount assured to be paid on death, i.e. 110% of Basic Sum Assured.
- The death benefit shall not be less than 105% of all the premiums paid as on date of death. Premiums referred above shall not include any taxes, extra amount chargeable under the policy due to underwriting decision and rider premiums, if any.
- Where “Sum Assured on Maturity” is equal to Basic Sum Assured
“Sum Assured on Maturity” equal to Basic Sum Assured, along with Loyalty Additional, if any.
The policy can be surrendered during the term of the policy, provided at least three full years’ premiums have been paid
Loan can be availed under the policy after payment of premiums for atleast 3 full years.
The amount of Service Tax payable as per the prevailing rates shall be payable by the policyholder on premiums payable under the policy, which shall be collected separately over and above in addition to the premiums payable by the policyholder